24 1/2 Center Street Rutland, Vermont
 
802.775.3168 Fax  802.775.6085

Home About Us Portfolio Contact
  

The Paramount Theatre, Downtown Rutland, Vermont

The historic Paramount Theatre re-opened in 2000 after undergoing an intensive one year period of complete renovations. This project was cited by the Preservation Trust of Vermont for its Historic Preservation efforts. The original building was constructed in 1913 as a live entertainment venue seating up to 1,000 people. Throughout the years, the Paramount became a movie theater, went dark in the 1980's and deteriorated to the point where demolition was considered. A group of concerned "friends" bought the theatre in order to save it from further damage and began a campaign to restore the Paramount to its original splendor

More >>




Green Mountain Power Energy Innovation Center

The project was the complete restoration of a 1925 Art Deco building and circa 1860's adjacent wood frame annex.

More >>




Chester Gage Preservation Project

The Chester Gage Preservation project consisted of the major rehabilitation of two existing buildings. One building was the historic Blaisdell House located in Chester, Vermont. The work was a complete gut renovation and included new foundations, structural reinforcement of all framing, insulation, windows that would comply with historic requirements, and more efficient and functional apartment layouts.

More >>




Bardwell House

The Bardwell House was a limited rehabilitation project located in downtown Rutland, Vermont. The overall efficiency of the building was improved with new insulation, energy efficient windows, and a new boiler. New paint improved the overall appearance of the building.

More >>




Miscellaneous Preservation Projects

The First Vermont Bank, now TD Banknorth, hired NBF to do a thorough renovation of its historic downtown Rutland office building. This top to bottom renovation included restoration of the building exterior, creation of a new banking hall on the main level, and three floors of bank offices above. Modern offices and conference spaces with complete new HVAC, power, lighting, and communication systems were added to the upper floors. The original corner entrance leading to the banking hall and elevator lobby was restored.

More >>




The Plantz House- Putney, Vermont

The Plantz House was built circa 1900 as the residence for Dr. Laura Plantz, the first female practitioner in Vermont. The building was later purchased by Windham College and the main house was used as a dormitory, infirmary and classrooms while the attached barn functioned as a dining hall, lounge and bookstore. The building was later retrofitted into a twelve unit apartment building which was neglected and overtime became a dilapidated eyesore for the community.

More >>





All images on this site are the property of NBF Architects P.C., any duplication,  reproduction, or use without the express written consent of NBF Architects P.C.is prohibited. Any unauthorized use of any images on this site is in direct violation of copyright laws and will be prosecuted.

This site is Copyright 2004 NBF Architects P.C. All Rights Reserved.