At St. Peter Church in Rutland, a large neo Gothic structure circa 1870, a coordinated effort over a period of several years transformed the Church’s interior. All existing stained glass was restored, new programmable interior lighting was installed, and the interior was completely repainted, allowing reintroduction of some of the original decorative wall stenciling (in a simplified contemporary fashion).
Existing stained glass windows dating from the 1870’s were removed, disassembled, cleaned, repaired, re-leaded and reinstalled. The carved wooden braces in the nave and side aisles were repainted to enhance their visibility. Wall stenciling framed the side aisle windows and defined the wall/ceiling intersection.